Senior Wheels and Transportation Services
Easy and affordable transportation.
Transportation is a large obstacle for seniors wishing to be independent. Without groceries, rides to medical appointments, or the ability to attend a local event, seniors are less likely to be able to remain in their home.
Senior Wheels is a volunteer supported program that provides rides to and from medical, dental and essential well-being appointments for adults age 60 and older medical, dental and essential well-being appointments.
Other transportation services includes running errands such as prescription refills, shopping, paying bills, or other non medical needs.
- Able to walk alone or with the aid of a walker.
- Not on Medical Assistance.
- Unable to drive yourself, do not have caregivers who are able to transport you, and you do not qualify for other transportation programs.
- Need transportation to a medical appointment in the area.
- You must call Age Well Arrowhead at least 5-7 business days before a scheduled appointment.
- All rides must be scheduled through Age Well Arrowhead.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will ask you for information about yourself and your transportation needs.
- Please inform the Volunteer Coordinator of any changes or details about your appointment that may assist the driver.
- The driver transports you to your appointment and waits to drive you home.
Age Well Arrowhead cannot guarantee the availability of drivers in your area. Please have a plan for other transportation if needed.
The cost for transportation services to and from medical appointments is $25 round trip.
The cost for transportation for errands is $25/hour.
I am interested in other services.
Clients often need more than one service. Click the button to the right to find out all the services we offer here at Age Well Arrowhead.